National Gardening Week 2017
This week is National Gardening Week. The water sector encourages everyone to enjoy their gardens efficiently.
These are some of Water UK's top tips for water efficiency in the garden:
- Use a watering can or a hose with a trigger-release to water plants for more direct and efficient watering
- Get a butt! A water butt can capture rainfall, allowing you to use it later for your garden
- Choose plants that are appropriate for your local climate - a lot of native British plants are drought resistant
- Water your garden when temperatures are low to reduce evaporation levels and improve efficiency
- Don't over-water your lawn. New lawns only need water for four weeks, and established lawns shouldn't need watering at all
- Re-use is a great way to save both water and money. For example, if you wash up in a bowl, you can re-use the water for your plants
To find out more about National Gardening Week, take a look at the official website.
Water UK Communications
0207 344 1805