Hot weather guidance
Remember to stay hydrated in the hot weather. High temperatures can leave us vulnerable to dehydration.
UK tap water is among the best in the world and now is a vital time to keep yourself topped up with it.
Drinking is one area not to cut back your water use, but in prolonged dry periods using water wisely is essential. Try cutting back your usage by following some of our top tips:
- Use a watering can or hose with a trigger-release to water plants for more direct and efficient watering
- Water your garden early in the morning or in the evening when temperatures are lower to reduce evaporation levels and improve efficiency
- Cut down your shower time – try four minutes
- If you can’t be convinced by a shower, run your bath an inch lower, saving around 5 litres of water
- Don’t overfill your kettle – only boiling the water needed could save the UK £1 million a week
For more water efficiency tips, take a look at our infographics below and follow us on Twitter.
Water UK Communications
0207 344 1805