Welcome to the Water UK blog pages
Water UK uses this blog to talk about events and ideas touching the water service and water environment. We hope it will also be a place for discussion with decision-makers and others with an opinion to share. The blogs come from the Water UK policy team. To join in, all you need to do is leave a comment.
Please remember that adding a comment is not the same as contacting us. If you want to make a point or ask a question that is not related to the blog, please contact us direct by email.
Comments on the blog should be based around the original post and subsequent discussion.
Comments will be published following submission. However, Water UK reserves the right to remove or moderate any comment that is abusive or inappropriate on the grounds of taste or decency or which appears to be part of a concerted lobbying attempt.
Please note that a comment must be no more than 200 words in length. Comments that are more than 200 words will be rejected by the website and will not display on the page.
• Keep your contributions civil, tasteful and relevant.
• No defamatory comments i.e. no comment that is capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organisation.
• Do not post content which has been copied from someone else and for which you do not own copyright.
• Do not post messages that are unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, homophobic or racially offensive.
• Do not make multiple postings. So that we can publish comments from as many different people as possible, participants should keep their number of contributions per blog to a reasonable level. Multiple posts from one individual, or small number of individuals may discourage others who might otherwise take part.
• No spamming or flooding. Do not post the same message, or a very similar message, more than once.
• No personal information. It is not acceptable to publicise your own or anyone else's contact details, including address, place of employment, name of educational establishment, telephone or mobile number, email address etc. This is for your own safety and for the safety and privacy of everyone who uses this service.
• Keep your posts relevant. Each debate is about a particular issue, news item of the day or policy debate. Posts which are not relevant are considered to lower the value of the debate for everyone and may be removed.
• No advertising, promotion of products or services, or posting of web links (URLs).
• Post in English only. Posts containing languages other than English may be removed. Common greetings and salutations in languages other than English may be acceptable.
• No capital letters. This is internet shorthand for raising your voice. Well known acronyms are acceptable but please keep these to a minimum.
• No impersonating.
• No inappropriate usernames (vulgar, offensive, etc).
• Markets Abuse Directive. Comments must not tip shares or make recommendations on investments.
Water UK privacy statement
Water UK is committed to preserving your right of privacy and makes every effort to ensure compliance with Data Protection Act guidelines on electronic communication.
Any information held on the Water UK database or submitted via the website is not sold or shared with any external organisations under any circumstances.
Water UK Communication
020 7344 1809